Steve Lukather, the guitarist best known for his work with the rock band Toto, has been setting the bar higher and higher over the years with his own blistering style of rock fusion, not to mention his impressive work in the studio. He's been a long time endorser of Ernie Ball Music Man guitars, and his signature axes are no different from the ones he wields on stage. So what does that mean for you? It means you're looking at the same axe Steve's playing when he's tearing apart one of your favorite tunes live on stage.
This Bodhi Blue L III features an alder body, a roasted maple neck and rosewood fretboard with 22 frets. Electronically, this guitar has DiMarzio Transition humbuckers in the bridge and neck positions. There is a quick release compartment for the 9volt battery that powers the preamp, so you'll never have to worry about messing around too much on a gig if the battery gets low.
For controls, the L III features a master volume and a passive tone control. The added push/push switch on the volume knob gives you an adjustable 12 db gain boost, which is perfect for mid-song or mid-solo when you need a little extra kick. (That's right - you push it down to engage it, and push it down again to disengage it. Very cool!) Similar to the original Luke, the Luke III has a 3% larger profile and exhibits a broader, more defined tone while retaining the familiar shape and feel as the original Luke model.
Other features include Schaller M6-IND locking tuners, gun oil hand rubbed neck finish, a 5 way pickup switch and a Music Man floating vintage tremolo bridge that lets you get away with murder without ever going out of tune. This L IIII comes with a Music Man black hard shell case that looks like you can throw it down the stairs without denting it.
- Model: Luke 3 HH
- Size: 12-3/16" wide, 1-3/4" thick, 36-7/16" long (31.0 cm wide, 4.5 cm thick, 92.6 cm long)
- Weight: 7 lbs, 8 oz (3.40 kg) - varies slightly
- Body Wood: Alder
- Body Finish: High gloss polyester
- Body Colors: Black, Bodhi Blue
- Bridge: Standard - Music Man® floating vintage tremolo of chrome plated, hardened steel with bent steel saddles
- Scale Length: 25-1/2" (64.8 cm)
- Neck Radius: 12" (30.5 cm)
- Headstock Size: Only 5-7/8" (14.9 cm) long
- Frets: 22 - Low profile, wide
- Neck Width: 1-5/8" (41.3 mm) at nut, 2-3/16\" (55.6 mm) at last fret
- Neck Wood: Select roasted maple neck
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Neck Finish: Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Neck Colors: Standard – Natural with finished headstock
- Tuning Machines: Schaller M6-IND locking
- Truss Rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment: 5 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting; Sculpted neck joint allows smooth access to higher frets
- Electronic Shielding: Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum lined control cover
- Controls: Custom Music Man active preamp; push/push volume for gain boost, 500kohm passive tone - .022µF tone capacitor
- Switching: 5-way lever pickup selector
- Pickups: Standard - HH with 2 DiMarzio Transition humbucking
The video below shows the Music Man Luke III HSS which has a different pickup configuration than the Luke III HH shown above. Either guitar is available either in-store or as a special order.
ORDER ONLINE OR CALL 203-740-8889